Rapid antigen tests with early indication
With our luminescence antigen rapid tests using the immunofluorescence SARS-CoV-2 antigen rapid test method we can achieve a very quick clarification if a SARS-CoV-2 infection is suspected. This method is convincing in the detection of infectivity thanks to its reliable, sensitive results - even when the viral load is low.
Experience report from practice in the "Universe of Internal Medicine" - READ MORE
Advantages of the rapid antigen tests
- Quick qualitative result within 12 minutes!
- High sensitifity (97.5%) and specificity (97.7%)1, 2
- 100% agreement of the results with PCR tests with CT-Values of < 33!2
- Low detection limit of 32TCID50/mL2i.e. A SARS-CoV-2 infection can be detected even with a low viral load!
- No cross-reactivity with other corona or influenza viruses
- Certified EU-wide and worldwide
- Meets the minimum criteria for antigen tests defined by the WHO
1 The sensitivity shows the accuracy with which the test system used correctly tests "positive" results. The specificity indicates the accuracy with which the test system used correctly tests "negative" results.
2 The data are based on a study at 6 study centers (n = 255) in Great Britain and the USA and are documented in the instructions for use of the test. They refer to comparison data with the PCR and indicate the data collected after 12 days after the onset of symptoms: Read more
The antigen rapid tests are carried out by our medically trained specialists and the price per test is 45 €. In the case of "positive" antigen tests, we recommend a subsequent PCR test for verification. If you would like to have the PCR test carried out on site in the Covitainer, you will receive a price reduction on the PCR test.
When is the rapid antigen test suitable - and when is it not?
The antigen rapid tests are very well suited as a preliminary stage to the PCR corona tests, but do not replace the "gold standard" PCR test. For suspected corona cases, people with Covid-19 symptoms or those who need the corona test to enter other countries or to leave abroad, we still recommend carrying out a PCR test.
PCR test results in 2 to a maximum of 24 hours!
1. Register and book a test appointment
To book an appointment, please register on our website as the first step. Immediately afterwards you will receive a registration confirmation via email. If you cannot find it in your inbox, please check the spam folder. Then you can choose your preferred date right away!
2. Come by and register
To take the antigen rapid test, please come to the respective Covitainer at the agreed time and present a valid photo ID when registering.
3. Have a rapid antigen test performed
The rapid antigen test is carried out using a nasopharyngeal (nasopharynx) swab and then evaluated, with the result being available within 12 minutes.
4. Antigen rapid test result via SMS and email
During the test evaluation you can go home or wait in compliance with the minimum distance near our covitainer.
Within 12 minutes you will receive the result of the antigen test via SMS and e-mail.
Special conditions for group bookings
We offer special conditions and separate appointment slots for companies, medical practices, event organizers, sports clubs and institutions that require rapid antigen tests in larger quantities.
Please contact us for inquiries:
Image source: LumiraDx
Differences between rapid antigen tests and PCR corona tests
- The COVID Fighters antigen test can be used within 12 minutes to determine whether you have viral antigens from SARS-CoV-2 viruses and are therefore infectious. In contrast to the PCR test, which tests directly for the RNA (viral genetic material), the antigen test tests the surface proteins of the virus envelope of SARS-CoV-2, which coat the RNA and are often found in the coronavirus.
- Like the PCR test, the antigen test directly detects SARS-CoV-2, whereby the PCR test can detect even the smallest amounts of the virus and this even before it becomes infectious. Due to its ability to precisely detect the smallest amounts of genetic material, the PCR test method continues to be the "gold standard" for the detection of SARS-CoV-2.
- We recommend having a PCR test carried out after an antigen test with a positive result and if you are not sure despite a negative result. Accordingly, the antigen test is a good addition to the PCR test, but not a substitute - but it shows whether the test subjects are currently contagious or not.
- If you already have clear symptoms for COVID-19, such as sore throat and fever and / or a loss of taste and smell, we still recommend performing a PCR test.
PCR test results in at least 2 hours!
You can also reach us at:
+43 720 980 990
(Monday to sunday from 08:00 to 20:00)